Kingston, Ontario – December 15, 2021 – The Kingston Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors is pleased to announce the 2022 Directors:
- Chair of the Board – Gillian Watters, Program Director at KEYS Job Centre
- Vice-Chair of the Board – Dr. Yafan Huang, President & CSO of Performance Plants
- Treasurer of the Board – Anne Vivian-Scott, President & CEO of Kinarm Technologies
- Secretary of the Board – Cathy Wilson, Senior Vice President at Parsons Technologies
- Peng-Seng Cau, Vice President at ATS Automation
- Shan Jhamandas, Founding Partner of Daft Brewing
- Patrick Egbunonu, Associate Dean, St. Lawrence College School of Business
- Dr. Wanda Costen, Dean, Smith School of Business
- Councillor Jeff McLaren, District 8, Meadowbrook-Strathcona
- Councillor Wayne Hill, District 4, Lakeside
- Councillor Gary Oosterhof, District 1, Countryside
- Mayor Bryan Paterson
Kingston Economic Development is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of four appointees from City Council and eight appointees from the community. The Board is responsible for providing leadership in making Kingston a better place in which to visit, live, work and do business. Directors are appointed for three-year terms.
“We are grateful and excited to have this group of community leaders join the board and bring their unique talents, expertise and perspectives to the work of the organization and its commitment to the long-term economic sustainability of our community. We are looking forward to implementing further COVID-19 recovery efforts and advancing the Integrated Economic Development Strategy in the coming year,” says Gillian Watters, Chair of the Board of Directors at Kingston Economic Development Corporation.
The Kingston Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors is represented by a diverse group of individuals, who bring their respective experiences, interest, and ideas together to shape and support the Corporation’s strategic and policy direction. The Kingston Economic Development Board of Directors is a forward-thinking governance body which provides progressive leadership management to support the organization. Directors are expected to actively participate in monthly board meetings as well as committee and special meetings scheduled as required throughout the year.
The Kingston Economic Development Corporation Board and staff bid farewell to outgoing Directors Dave Carnegie, Lyndsay Wise, John Sheridan, Ryan DaSilva, and Councillor Mary Rita Holland.
Communications & Events Officer
Kingston Economic Development Corporation