Kingston, Ontario – December 13, 2022 – The Kingston Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors announced its 2023 Directors at the Annual General Meeting on December 12, 2022. Meet the 2023 Kingston Economic Development Board of Directors:
· Chair – Anne Vivian-Scott, President & CEO of Kinarm Technologies
· Vice-Chair – Cathy Wilson, Senior Vice President at Parsons Technologies
· Treasurer – Peng-Seng Cau, Vice President at ATS Automation
· Secretary – Shan Jhamandas, Founding Partner of Daft Brewing
· Dr. Yafan Huang, President & CSO of Performance Plants
· Patrick Egbunonu, Associate Dean, St. Lawrence College School of Business
· Dr. Wanda Costen, Dean, Smith School of Business
· Sanjay Jain, Fiberglass Operations Director, Latham, The Pool Company
· Councillor Conny Glenn, District 10, Sydenham
· Councillor Jimmy Hassan, District 6, Trillium
· Councillor Gary Oosterhof, District 1, Countryside
· Mayor Bryan Paterson
· Ex Officio and Past Chair – Gillian Watters, Program Director, KEYS Employment and Newcomer Services
· Ex Officio – Lanie Hurdle, CAO, City of Kingston
· Ex Officio – Megan Knott, Executive Director, Tourism Kingston
Kingston Economic Development Board and Staff are excited to welcome Sanjay Jain, Councillors Conny Glenn and Jimmy Hassan to the Board of Directors. Kingston Economic Development bids a farewell to outgoing Directors Councillor Jeff McLaren and Wayne Hill and thank them both for their service and commitment to economic development.
Kingston Economic Development is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of four appointees from City Council and eight appointees from the community. The Board is responsible for providing leadership in making Kingston a better place in which to visit, live, work and do business.
“As the head of a Kingston-born and based business, I am eager to share with the world my enthusiasm for building businesses in Kingston. I am energized by the success that Kingston Economic Development has had this past year and the opportunities that await. Recognizing that there are significant challenges ahead – such as the need for more development lands – that will require the creative input from all members of the board. I am eager to work with the incredibly diverse membership of the board as we grow Kingston’s brand on the international stage across our core sectors of health innovation and sustainable manufacturing,” says Anne Vivian-Scott, Chair, Kingston Economic Development’s Board of Directors.
The Kingston Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors is represented by a diverse group of individuals, who bring their respective experiences, interest, and ideas together to shape and support the Corporation’s strategic and policy direction. The Kingston Economic Development Board of Directors is a forward-thinking governance body which provides progressive leadership management to support the organization.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Kingston Economic Development Corporation